Mar 13, 2007

Gotta Brag

Tonight I took Hadarya to the monthly Board of Directors meeting for our synagogue. She normally falls asleep about 7 PM or just shortly after, but with the time change she feels it is her right to stay up until at least 8 PM. So she dozed in the car until we arrived and then happily hung out, listened to the conversation, had a bottle, and watched people.

We didn't leave until 9:01 PM at which time my happy, smiling baby (who distracted everyone with her cuteness during my report) promptly and silently fell asleep.

When we arrived home she needed a diaper change badly and she opened her eyes wide at the ability to stretch out and nicely lifted her legs for me to remove the extra 5 pounds on her tush. I laid her down in her crib and she rolled over onto her back and stared straight into my eyes while we sang the S'hma and V'Ahavta.

She rolled onto her favorite side, clutched her handmade taggie, and was fast asleep.

I know that this is not typical. I know that we are getting spoiled. I know that it could end. But while this sweetness and ease of bedtimes lasts... we are loving every last second.

I have to go stare at my beauty sleeping for a while!!!

No comments: