Aug 9, 2007

Napping Success!!

I did it! Well, Hadarya did it really but with my persistence. She is sound asleep in HER CRIB for a morning nap. After a week of little cat naps and driving around to sleep, I am actually in my house with a sleeping baby and getting things together so I don't feel so crazy when I go back to school on Monday.

I think I have her daycare to thank for the napping or maybe I should rethink the thanks part since she napped fine before daycare and now I had to relearn how she likes to nap thanks to daycare!

H spent yesterday afternoon at SDSU for the first time and fell asleep for an afternoon nap at 3. Pick up is at 4 and I arrived at 3:30 to see how things were going. She was the only one asleep and so I sat in the nap room with her until the hubub of pick up was complete and I could either wake her to go home or hope she stayed asleep. Either way she'd have at least an hour of a nap.

The nap room is not as dark as I thought it was and they play music quite loud. I am sure it's to somewhat drown out the noise of the awake kids in the adjoining room. They put a blanket over H and she smushes her luvee into face so she cannot really see anything but darkness if per chance she were to open her eyes.

I tried the same technique today (well she does the smushing on her own) and it worked! Music from the mobile (mozart) and a light blanket over her body near her head and the luvee with the pacifier. I patted her back for about 3 minutes and she is out.

I have folded laundry, run a load, cleaned out my dresser drawers, filled a huge bag of giveaway clothes, and am now going to tackle the kitchen. Ahhh... it's been a great morning!