Aug 4, 2008

What Happened to My Sweetness?

My beautiful, angelic, fabulous traveler is just about 22 months and someone has body snatched this lovely child and replaced her with a terrible-2-year old tantrum throwing, full body on the ground, throwing food, thing in our house.

We thought jet lag was bad. No one warned us about 2 year old molars. Thanks so much my friend!!!

We had a few nights of relatively nice sleep filled nights and then came Sunday. By mid-morning she was cranky, refused homemade chocolate chip pancakes (that should have been our first warning that life was about to change!), and took a 45 minute nap from which she awoke screaming and unable to calm down.

Life has not been the same since.

She has not eaten much in two days. She has not pooped in two days. She drank so much overnight Saturday to Sunday that her pj's and diaper soaked through enough for her to sit down and say "hot, hot" from knowing she peed! She takes bites of food, then spits it out, throws it across the room, and sweeps things out of our hands (yogurt all over the table is not so lovely). She throws herself on the ground and cries and screams. We try to ignore it, but after 25 minutes.... Tonight by 8:40 PM she was cooked.

She wanted to eat so badly but didn't want our help in getting anything. I finally scooped her up and told her we were going to bed. She calmed down immediately when I started to read to her but after three books, she was done. She refused to go to bed and cried. We put her in the car and took a drive. She was out within seconds and I hope the tylenol and motrin will be more effective tonight and allow her (and us) some much needed rest. Last night she thrashed about and cried every hour or so in our bed. Thank goodness I am not back at work yet because this would be a zillion times worse!

Our only clue to this being her molars is the constant drool that runs down her chin. She won't eat. She only chews (if she tries to eat) on the right side. I wonder how long this will last? When will I have my angel back? Will the other ones come in at the same time and let this all be over and done with?? I want my sweetness back and I want it back NOW!

No comments: