May 14, 2007

Marvelous Mother's Day!

For 37 years, Mother's Day has been about my Mom and Grandma Helen when she was alive. It has become a day to make sure that we all get together and do something (well, whatever my mom wants to do!) and as our lives continue to get busier, this day has been fun. We've been to lunch and the movies, shoppping, hanging out at our house after brunch, and just being together.

This year, my first Mother's Day, I decided to be selfish and I told my mom. I would have breakfast with her in the morning but I wanted to have a day without making decisions, without cooking, without hassle. Oh yeah... and I wanted my husband to step up and plan it so I wouldn't have to think about anything! She was actually ok with that and so our day began.

It was a lovely day full of wonderful moments and special memories. My family surprised me with gifts- a lovely card from my husband, gorgeous sunflowers and a to my sister card from my sister, and to my daughter card with a gift card for Glen Ivy from my parents. Breakfast was Yiftach's specialty: chocolate chip pancakes and then we ventured off as a new family of 3 for the remainder of our day.

We took Mother's Day photos at a photo place and headed to...... THE BALLPARK! Yiftach had purchased seats behind home plate with the cushions for us. We had a ball! Hadarya slept for just over an hour of the 2 hour game and it was great to be so close.



We ended our day with dinner with my mother-in-law at CPK (terrible service so we won't mention anymore about dinner) and dessert at HEAVEN SENT. Ya gotta go check this place out on University and 30th street. The food is divine, the tea superb, the cappuchino scrumptious, and the owner personable. Lachlan was working the cash register and then came to see how everything was and ended up sitting with us at the table and sharing his amazing story of how Heaven Sent came to be. A place to go to hang out. Take out of town friends. Catch up with your husband. Watch Charlie Chaplin movies. You don't need a reason to go. JUST GO!

I had a lovely first mother's day and know that there will be many more lovely days as a mommy!

1 comment:

Bethel Nathan said...

This was wonderful to read! I am not ashamed to admit that it also brought tears to my eyes! You so deserved to be a Mother, and I am so thrilled that life delivered for you!