Jan 8, 2008

Hanging with the Girl

Phones, cookies and milk, and brushing hair. A lovely afternoon hour with my daughter who is so not a baby anymore! We had a a delightful mommy and daughter hour that started with cookies and milk.

She realized how yummy they were, left the living room and walked to the kitchen where she proceeded to grunt and raise her hands at the counter spot where she remembered the tin was sitting.

I diverted her attention with dancing which gained me the deep belly laughs that I love. I am good though, so she thought I was being funny not a bad a dancer! We danced together and she was very good at kicking one leg in the air to the side. We then did upside down hugs with a flip and that created another huge smile.

Off to the bedroom where I needed to brush out the weather kinks in my hair. I forget, momentarily, how much she loved my brushes. So she got them both to play with (hey, she gets out a lot of the hair!) and we sat on my bed with her brushing my hair and the calling Grandma on the phone. It was such a girlie afternoon!

It's hard to believe that she was this tiny bundle not that long ago. She is so interactive. She knows what she wants. She knows what she likes to eat. She is funny funny funny. She loves to read books and sit in your lap and be read to...especially Knuffle Bunny (thanks Savta!). I so look forward to many more afternoons where we can just hang out together. It was beautiful.

No comments: