Nov 2, 2007

Day 2 - Celebrating My Birthday

I love to celebrate my birthday. It's such a great excuse to get my friends together and hang out. In our busy lives we seem to mostly make time for each other when there is a crisis or a celebration. It seems much more difficult to do the in between.

Since becoming a mom (a year ago) I have now had 2 birthdays and they don't seem so important anymore. There is so much going on that my birthday seems to sneak up on me and I just don't have the time or energy to do anything about planning something.

This year was no different. So last night at 6:30 we decided to have just family over for a really nice, leisurely Shabbat dinner. I went to work as usual and my day proceeded rather calmly until my sister and mother showed up with lunch and riled up my 1st graders by announcing that it was my birthday. The kids got soooo excited. We then celebrated by having cupcakes at the end of the day.

The evening dinner was delicious and I got to sit most of the time and not clear or serve or clean up. We laughed, told stories, and had a grand time together. It was a wonderful evening. What I did get to do was enjoy some luvin time with my baby girl. My baby girl who gave me the ultimate in birthday presents.

She WALKED unassisted for several steps, thus qualifying her as a walker. It was awesome. She is very proud of herself and falls over when she is done onto her head like she is doing a head stand. She waits until I help her feet over her head into a sommersault and that makes her smiles broadly. Tomorrow is going to be amazing watching her confidence boom as she attempts more and more walking. Now, if she'd only sleep until 9 AM!

1 comment:

aaryn b. said...

Wow! A week of milestones for you!
And happy belated birthday, my friend. Sorry I'm late...