Nov 9, 2007

Day 9 - Tired and Achy

What a day today has been and it's not even 8 PM! My day started at 3:00 AM when I rose to greet the day as Pit Stop 1 Crew Member for the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk. Our babysitter arrived at 3:45 AM so we could participate. I was nervous for my daughter. In her 13 months of life she has not woken up to anyone but her Ima and Aba. Would she cry? Would she be mad? Would she recognize her favorite teacher from school, Miss Alyssa and smile? I was worried, but knew my mom could come down if needed or I could come home.

My worry was unwarranted for that issue. She did great. She woke up at 6 AM. Cuddled for awhile and played peek-a-boo with Alyssa without any tears. She then played happily in her crib with books while she showered and then she got a new diaper, got dressed, and ate some yogurt. Then off to school with her teacher. A great start. We were already in the thick of walkers as they drove to school.

4500 walkers descended on Pit 1 starting at 7:30 AM. I was dressed in my Tink BELIEVE pajamas and I handed out the beloved stickers. Yep, adults go CRAZY for stickers on this walk. I was totally bombarded for the entire time moving my fingers as fast as I could to get the little stars off and onto their credentials. They swarmed around me and shoved their hands, fingers, and credentials in my space to plop a sticker. It was great. Then the rush subsided and I realized it was almost 9 AM and our pit stop was going to be closing. It was over for the morning, except for clean up. I LOVED it. When I crewed Pit Stop 5 we were up at 5 AM, but didn't start setting up until almost 10 AM and we were the last ones to close around 4:30 PM. We never made it back to came before 7 PM. It was great to be done and get to hang out at lunch and help and talk to people.

Unfortunately we got a call at 1 PM that our babydoll had woken up from her nap and thrown up all over herself. YUCKY! She threw up 3 more times at school (once on me when we were leaving) and then was great all afternoon. I gave her applesauce and that also came back up. So she is tired and achy and can't tell me. I am tired and achy from using my muscles I haven't used in a while and I can say something. But it doesn't matter for me...it's all about my lovey and her being sick again.

No comments: