Nov 3, 2007

Day 3 - Birthday Party Fun

We attended our friends son's 2nd birthday party today, which is really the first one Hadarya has gone too since being old enough to somewhat get it and enjoy it. She LOVED the jumpy tower with a slide. She loved looking at the other kids and having me stand with her inside and jump together. She slid down by herself and giggled at the end. We spent close to 45 minutes in the jumpy house.

She snacked a little and sat watching the pinata until it got to be too much for her and she just had to participate. So we let her...she really just wanted to touch it and pull of the tissue paper to eat. She was happy to pick up two lollipops when the pinata broke and munch on the sticks. So far she doesn't understand the sweet sticky flavors of candy yet. We hope to hold on to that for a long time!

She snuggled into my arms at the party and fell asleep for a late afternoon nap...it was only about 30 minutes but I should have known that something was wrong. She usually fights me to do that, especially at a party and she was getting a little whiny. She also did not eat a lot nor drink from a bottle or sippy cup, her usual amount.

She fell asleep in my arms at 6:30 while we were getting milk for her. We got home and her body was so hot. She went to bed with close to 103 fever. I am so sad when she is so sick. There are no other signs of illness, at least yet. I hope we are not in for a winter of sickness. She had an incredibly healthy 1st year! Hopefully tomorrow will bring a better, healthier day for my lovebug.

No comments: