Nov 4, 2007

Day 4 - Falling Back An Hour

With the worry over H last night we totally forgot we got an extra hour this morning. I don't think I've every forgotten to change my clocks! EVER! Until today... this is what being a mommy is all about. Constant motion, holes in my brain, and forgetting things. Most of this can be attributed to lack of deep sleep. Which was last night being up every 3-4 hours to soothe, feed, and hold a baby whose body was on fire.

I had plans to leave the house this morning at 8:45 AM and decided to keep those despite my lack of enough sleep. H got up at about 7 AM this morning and was seemingly happy, uninterested in eating, but giggly and smiley. So I showered, got dressed, and was literally on my way out the door calling my mom to let her know I was leaving. She was somewhat confused and asked me where I was going at 7:45 AM. Oh my gosh!!! I totally had forgotten the clocks and we were all up and ready to go. : )

We decided to head to a new place I discovered for yummy breakfast. H sat in her high chair and studied the menu that she had picked up from the table. When the waitress came over, she looked up at her, gave her her order, pointed to the menu, and looked up again for confirmation. She was SO CUTE! We do not eat out that much but she totally knew what to do.

I lost the extra hour of sleep this morning, but my sweet baby girl was ready for bed at 6 PM tonight, especially because she did not nap at all. Even with car rides around town didn't help her settle down. So we watched a video, had a bath, and played, so at 7 PM (the new hour) she was out within minutes and will hopefully last 12 hours. Now, I get my hour back to work on my online class and lesson plans. Maybe I'll get to sleep soon too.

No comments: