Nov 8, 2006

Day 31

Today this baby in my house is 32 days old and it's the 31st day since her birth mom signed the papers. That means that the baby in my house is for reals my daughter now and not going anywhere. That means that I just have to wait for the courts to catch up to their paperwork to make it official and give us the final legal documents to make it a done deal. That means that since it's Day 31 the birth mom can't change her mind without a major battle. That means that I am breathing a little easier today.

So I don't feel totally different from yesterday although there is a lightness in my heart that wasn't there before today. I am getting to know my beautiful daughter and her many wants and needs. There are many so far... and the list will continue to grow!

Hadarya is an amazingly happy, calm baby girl. She eats about every 4 hours and is rarely fussy. Her best awake time is right now in the AM after a 7 AM bottle. She is hanging out in her swing borrowed from her playmate Maital. : ) THANK YOU MAITAL!

She has begun to focus on things and track movement with her eyes. It's so fun to watch her move her head around and look at the fish above. She is not so keen on having her diaper changed if she is very very hungry or still sleepy. Other times she just doesn't seem to let it bother her.

She loves being held and cuddled by all the wonderful friends, Aunts, Grandmas, and Grandpas who like to come visit. She also didn't mind being passed around from teacher to teacher at my work shower!

She has begun to find her voice and we love laying in our bed and listen to her stretch and groan and grunt and make all kinds of noises. This is usually around 6 AM and then she cries. She cries because she has learned (already!) that her Mommy and Daddy are not morning people and they like to get in as much sleep time as possible. So if she cries at 6 and her bottle isn't until at least 6:30 or 7 AM, she gets to get in bed with us and snuggle under our warm blankets, between our warm bodies, free of the cushion props holding her on her back in her own crib!

Yep... you can see that I am enamored with this adorable cutie pie who resides in my house. We go for her 1 month check up tomorrow and we'll see how much she's grown. For now, it's time to go grab her and hug her close because it's Day 31 and she's mine.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Ohmigosh! Has it been that long already? I must get myself over there and see the little angel! (I've been sick and not wanting to pass on any crud.)

Mazel Tov on making it official. Though I could tell the last time I spoke to you how it had already been made official in your heart.