Jan 2, 2007

Made it Through

Back to work and not too bad. Being a minimum day (done at 12:30 teaching), Daddy home sick, and very well planned certainly helped. Either way, it was actually very nice to be on a schedule and on the move all day long! The first day back is getting back to basics and cleaning out our desks and remembering the rules. For the first time in 14 years of teaching I did what I needed at my job and then left to come home to my family and do no work. It felt great!

Hadarya had a ball with Grandma, laughing, playing, not napping, and smiling up a storm. She didn't nap much in the afternoon and ate way less then usual. But she was happy and alert. That is until I got home... my beautiful daughter whom I have been home with all day long for 3 months would not share a smile with me, would actually not look right at me, nor give me the time of day. She was pissed that I'd been gone all day! She has not been away from me for that long boy did she let me know that she was unhappy.

It took some time, some cuddling, changing a very poopy diaper, and playing in her crib with the mobile she loves to get her to come around. I am going to be a mom who needs to work to be a better mom--or at least have a full schedule that includes doing for others. What I am going to miss the most about going back to work is being able to be part of a playgroup and interacting with other mommies who have children the same age.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love the photos! She is adorable.

I am glad your first day back was good. I know the feeling well.

Take care,

Mary