Jan 20, 2009

Historic Day

Today was a historic day for our country and my household! I watched, like so many others, with tears in my eyes as Barack Obama became the 44th president of our country. I listened to his speech with renewed hope and light that there might actually be something good to come in the next few years. It was a wonderful morning.

Today was the first day I picked up Hadarya with the baby. He was so good! He slept for a bit and then woke up as Hadarya's friends came to see the baby. They all wanted to admire him and look at him and touch him and did a great job listening to touching only his feet. Then I realized that I had volunteered to bring bananas for her class and needed to go to the grocery store. WITH TWO KIDS??? one being a toddler who loves to run away? Yikes... but I did it and they did great. Hadarya was a big helper and stayed nicely in the cart the whole time. It was actually a pleasant trip.

Today was the first day that Hadarya pooped in the potty. I think we are turning the corner on the potty training thing. No more crib is around the corner for my baby girl!

Today was the first day that I had both my kids by myself for about 45 minutes and it was great! My dad was coming over at 6:30 when Yiftach left to lead a shiva minyan. He didn't get here until 7:10 and no one threw a tantrum, cried, or hit. It was awesome! Yonatan sat in my lap and listened to a story I read to Hadarya. Then he laid on the playmat and fell asleep while Hadarya finished dinner. Then he stayed asleep in the swing while she put on pajamas, played with Grandpa, and then went to bed without a fuss.

It was a wonderful day. A historic day. One that I look forward to repeating again and again.

No comments: