Jun 22, 2007

Here Comes Summer




It is the first full day of the summer season and my last teaching 4th grade. I spent the day inside a classroom with 26 kids, 30+ boxes all labeled for the move that will take place at some time before the next school year begins but with no guarantees that I'll have any time to unpack and set up, and thoughts of my daughter in my head.

I made it to Grandma's and Grandpa's by 3:55 PM to pick up my darling. She was having a ball playing on their bed and rolling over and they kept screaming with joy at something she'd accomplish. I am sure most of you heard their shrieks of delight!

Then in walks Eema (that's me, the mommy!)and she turns on the whine. The sort of cry and jumps into my arms. She is ready for her bottle and she willingly gulps it down. She no longer wants the bottle from me. She does not want to sit and play. She does not want any of the other adults in the room. It's time to go home.

We arrive home and Eema is SOOO hot and sweaty that she wants to tear off all her clothes. But the beautiful baby is still clingy (that does not help the hot sweaty situation) and all the phones are ringing. So we head to our bed and turn on the ceiling fan and the now almost naked baby laughs and coos in the coolness.

As has become my habit, I run my finger over her gums on top and bottom because she's drooling a ton and is 8.3 months old and has no teeth. Until today... that's right, I ran my finger over her bottom gum and she bit down and OH MY GOSH DID THAT HURT! Lo and behold there is a sharp edge that got me. Hadarya Tali has her first tooth broken through the gum. I was so excited and yelled and whooped it up. You cannot see it, but it is clearly there. What a great start to summer AND I GOT TO BE THE FIRST ONE TO EXPERIENCE IT!

Then Aba (her daddy) came home and I told him that Tamar and Aidin had invited us over for a swim. Hadarya has never been but loves her bath and we were all hot, so we changed lickity split into suits and drove to their house. No words can describe the first flirtation with a pool. See for yourself and know that she went under twice and plopped her face into the water willingly while sitting in her ladybug. She loved every minute of the 40 we were in the water. Swim lessons here we come!








No comments: