Aug 3, 2007

Creepy Crawler

Just shy of 10 months old Hadarya decided to crawl at 5 PM, August 2 , 2007.

She has been getting on her knees for a few months now and scooting backwards. She rolly polly's all over and has begun scooting on her bottom to places she wants to go. But she really likes to stand and hold on, so crawling was not a priority for our love.

Well yesterday she was playing with her toys while I was in the kitchen. I was looking over at her and she kind of was unnoticeable in the corner by the TV (her books are there in a beautiful rack with her name on it--Thanks Cousin Marsha!). It appeared that she put one hand out and then the other forward and then hopped her two legs in forward motion. So I got excited and she didn't do it again when I gave her more room. Later on we were in my room where I was blow drying my hair. She moved from sitting to belly and got up to go on her knees. I would swear that she moved one hand, one knee, one hand, and the other knee. OH MY GOSH... but then when she saw me looking, she stopped and smiled and laughed. C'est La Vie... it will happen.

So we (Auntie Kimber, Hadarya and I) were sitting on the ground in the family room playing. Hadarya was trying to pull up on her rainforest gym (not recalled!) and found herself in the doors of the video cabinet. She began waving at herself and then made a beeline for the photo album. AND SHE CRAWLED THERE! I grabbed my sister's arm after several motions by Hadarya and then moved her back to see it again. AND SHE PERFORMED! She went forward again. and again. and again. My creepy crawler was on the move!

We are very excited and very scared. Here we go with a mobile child. I hope we enjoyed these 10 months enough! She seems to want to move now for something rather than just moving to move. So, maybe we are safe for awhile?!