Aug 7, 2007

Making my Ima a Liar

At 10 months old my daughter is becoming quite adept at making me out to be a liar about her skills and accomplishments. Once a month we have a nurse from the county come out to visit and check on her development, growth, and skills. For the last two visits she has asked all sorts of questions to which I respond, "no, she doesn't do that yet," and then voila! Hadarya does it within hours or within days!! Then I began to think, maybe I hadn't noticed she did all these things and the questions just made me realize it. If I could only get the questions ahead of time...

Nissa came to visit on Tuesday, July 31st. As of today, August 7th (one week later) Hadarya does all of the following that she could not do (or I didn't know about last week!).

She crawls. She pulls herself up on our shelves. She pulls herself up to standing in her crib. She pulls herself up on the couch. She clearly says mamamama and dadadadada. She easily and quickly feeds herself finger food. She can pick up bananas on her tray. She has been able to go from sitting to her belly and belly to sitting for awhile. NOW, she does it so fast you miss it. It's the first thing she does when she wakes up. No more laying and relaxing on her back!

She has discovered the shelves on the entertainment center and loves to pull off her books. She has found herself in the glass doors of the cabinet and can open them and close them. She turns on her music herself in her crib. She can roll a ball to you and play.

The only thing she doesn't really do yet, is wave good-bye. BUT she will give you a hug and a kiss.