Nov 8, 2007

Day 8 - We're Walking!

Tomorrow is the 3 Day 60 mile walk for Breast Cancer. This is our 5th year participating in the event. I have walked 3 times and crewed twice. We love getting up in the middle of the night and being with thousands of people who are happy to be together. I really mean it. It's amazing. But I am not the walker this year. My daughter is!

Hadarya's been toying with walking for quite some time and seriously since she turned 1. She is 13 months old today and she walked across the family room! It was so amazing. She just hasn't had the confidence in herself to let go and then she's been very sick twice in the last month, which has hindered her time to practice.

Today was the day. We got home from daycare and she was hanging out in our room and just walked away from her Aba. She doesn't know when to stop so the side of the dresser helped her figure it out, as did the clothes in the closet that she fell into. We were so in awe of her ability that we weren't paying so much attention other than to cheer her on.

We were in the kitchen a little later and she was sitting on the floor. Within seconds she had gotten up on her own and was walking across the floor to me. I think I startled her when I got so excited! We know we're in for some chasing (good for the thighs) and we know we are in for some bumps (not so good for Ima's heart) but we are really thrilled to watch her grow and learn and master these amazing things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's walked? She really walked? There had better have been video taping commencing immediately! I won't get to see her for three days - by then she'll be running. We'll have skipped through the whole walking stage!

Anonymous said...

But can she Walk Like an Egyptian?